All the principles of macrobiotics
There are many diets and whole teachings about nutrition. One of them is macrobiotics. And what is it?
A bit of history
Who became the founder of the theory of macrobiotics? It is difficult to answer this question, because here the ideas of Taoism are combined, as well as conclusions about food and health of Hippocrates. But if we consider macrobiotics precisely as a kind of nutrition philosophy, George Osawa, who more than half a century ago, even published his own book called "Zen Microbiota", in which he outlined the basic postulates and principles, can be considered the founder.
And it was this work that made the doctrine popular among adherents of healthy eating and healing through their own energy.
By the way, the word "macrobiotics" is translated as "big life". And in the name, if you think about it, the whole essence of this philosophy is reflected. Macrobiotics is not a diet, but a way of life.
The essence of macrobiotics lies in harmony and unity. Here are some basics of this teaching:
- A person is a part of the world, so he must learn to live in such a way,to interact with all other parts and not disturb the harmony of nature and the environment.
- Food - the main source of energy. But this energy is measured not in calories, as usual, but in the effect that this or that product can have on the body.
- All products carry different energetics, and conditionally they can be divided into yin and yang. Yin is a "female" products that have an acid reaction. These include all sweet, sour and spicy. Yang is the masculine. This group includes food with an alkaline reaction: salty and bitter. Most products contain both male and female energy, but there are also those that have only yang energy or yin in pure form.
- Health is harmony. And that is why in the diet should be properly combined foods yin and yang. If there are more yin products, then there is a lack of energy and a need for yang products. A person loses weight and is exposed to various infectious diseases. If yang foods predominate, then there is an excess of body weight, which also entails a lot of problems and ailments. Accordingly, diseases characteristic of yin energy are treated with yang energy products and vice versa.
What can and can not be?
Macrobiotics, in fact, has no prohibitions, but nevertheless, this method of nutrition presupposes the predominance of some products and limiting the number of others. First we list what is forbidden:
- Products with pronounced yin energy (with a lot of oxidizing elements: potassium and phosphorus): lemon, sugar, mushrooms, beans, potatoes, cucumbers, margarine, vinegar, mustard, eggplant, sour cream and other products.
- Products with pronounced yang energy (that is, containing sodium and calcium, causing alkaline reactions), which include: meat, eggs, fish, cheeses, carrots, parsley, pumpkin, horseradish, chicory and so on.
- The so-called modified products: canned, refined oils and sugar, as well as all that contains artificial additives.
And what can I use? The best product, according to supporters of macrobiotics, are cereals. They are the basis of everything and the source of vital energy. It is also acceptable to eat vegetables, but not all.
How to cook food?
According to macrobiotics, it is best to choose processing methods that leave foods “alive” and not kill them.That is why you should abandon various devices, such as a grill, microwave, fryer, and so on. You can boil, steam, fry. And it is best to eat everything raw, this is how you can get maximum energy from food.
How to eat and make menu: levels
There are several levels (modes) of nutrition on macrobiotics. Some are suitable for ordinary people, while others imply a complete rejection of products that are harmful from the point of view of teaching. You can gradually move from lower to higher levels, striving for perfection.
So, the main modes:
- 3A: 10% of products from the daily ration should be in the share of soups and cereals, 30% in vegetables and meat, 15% in fruits and 5% in desserts.
- 2A: 10% for fruits and soups, 30% for vegetables, 25% for meat, 20% for cereals and 5% for desserts.
- 1A: 30% for cereals and vegetables, 20% for meat and 10% for fruits and soups.
- 1: 40% are cereals, 30% - vegetables, 20% - meat, 10% - soups.
- 2: 50% - cereals, 30% - vegetables and 10% for soups and meat.
- 3: 60% - cereals, 30% - vegetables, 10% - soups.
- 4: 70% - cereals, 20% - vegetables and 10% - soups.
- 5: 80% - cereals, 20% - vegetables.
- 6: 90% - cereals, 10% - vegetables.
- 7: 100% are cereals.
There is no special menu, but all recipes need to be chosen in such a wayto comply with the percentage of foods in the diet.
Nutrition according to macrobiotics has several rules:
- Choose only seasonal products and preferably those that grow on the territory of your country. The best option is vegetables and cereals grown by you in your own garden.
- Eat only natural and organic food. Discard chemicals and a variety of additives.
- Chew everything very carefully.
- Do not drink alcohol and various chemical drinks.
- Do not store food. All that you have prepared today, you should eat on the same day.
- Limit the consumption of hot spices, choose those that have a neutral taste. Salt dishes can be, but moderately.
- It is necessary to cook and eat food in a good mood, since emotions can be transmitted with food into the body and disrupt harmony.
- Eat only when hungry.
- Keep a balance.
- Limit the fluid intake. Proponents of macrobiotics believe that water and vegetables already have water, and an excess of moisture is an imbalance. So drink a little and better clean water or herbal teas.
Cons and pros
First, we list the advantages of macrobiotics:
- This is a good method of cleaning and disposal of slags.
- It is useful for losing weight.
Now the disadvantages:
- Such nutrition is not suitable for everyone and cannot provide all the necessary substances.
- It's complicated.
- There is a risk of developing or exacerbating certain diseases.
Know in all measure and eat right!
How not to get injured during training
Why dream of pancakes
How to make love
How does a psychologist
What is the root