Dried apricots - an excellent product for your health
Dried apricots are not only tasty, but also useful. And what exactly its properties deserve special attention? And how can this dried fruit be used? Let's figure it out!
What is dried apricots, what does it contain?
Dried apricots are dried pitted apricot halves. Some people confuse such dried fruits with dried apricots, but they are dried whole and have smaller sizes.
The composition of dried apricots includes the mass of useful substances: magnesium, iron, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, and also vitamins A, groups B, PP, C and dietary fiber. The caloric value of 100 grams of dried fruit is about 240-250 kcal.
What is useful apricots for the human body? It has a lot of amazing properties:
- The substances contained in such dried fruits possess pronounced antioxidant properties and neutralize the dangerous and destructive activity of free radicals. And this means that dried apricots reduce the risks of developing cancer, slows down premature aging and stops the oxidation of tissues.
- The benefits extend to the gastrointestinal tract: even a small amount of dried apricots can normalize digestion, stimulate the motility of the intestinal walls and thereby relieve constipation and cleanse organs of toxins and toxins.
- Dried apricots are very useful for the heart, as it contains a significant amount of potassium, which strengthens the heart muscle and thereby minimizes the risks of myocardial infarction.
- Dried apricots help to establish and improve the functioning of the nervous system, as they contain large amounts of vitamins of group B. Regularly using such a product, you can increase stress resistance, eliminate nervous excitability, and minimize the effects of stress.
- The B vitamins take an active part in many metabolic processes occurring in the body, so that with the help of dried apricots it is possible to normalize the metabolism and improve the functioning of the endocrine system.
- It is worth noting the benefit of the considered dried fruits for immunity, which is determined by the content of vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the body's natural defenses. In addition, ascorbic acid minimizes the risks of stretching the walls of blood vessels.
- Magnesium, which is part of, supplemented with B vitamins, eliminates excessive tension, helps to restore muscle tissue.
- Dried apricots are recommended for the prevention of anemia, as it contains a significant amount of iron.
- Dried apricots are recommended for women: it allows you to restore hormonal balance and eliminate the unpleasant signs of diseases of the genital organs and mammary glands. So, vitamin A facilitates the condition with mastopathy.
- By eating a small handful of dried apricots, you can satisfy your hunger and get a boost of energy for several hours, which is due to the high content of carbohydrates used to convert to energy.
- The beneficial properties of such dried fruits are that they allow you to remove excess fluid from the body and contribute to the normalization and maintenance of water-salt balance.
- Vitamin A has a positive effect on the skin and improves its condition.
- Dried apricots helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Regularly eating these dried fruits, you can reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood and avoid the development of atherosclerosis.
- It is useful to eat dried apricots with avitaminosis and for their prevention.Also, it will allow you to recuperate after stress or illness.
Can it hurt?
Virtually any product can cause harm, and dried apricots are no exception. So, with the abuse of these dried fruits, serious digestive disorders are possible. In addition, if you have dried apricots often and in large quantities, you can provoke an increase in blood sugar and weight gain, which is associated with a fairly high content of glucose.
There are some contraindications to the use of dried apricots, which include diabetes mellitus, duodenal ulcers or stomach ulcers, atony or bowel obstruction, severe kidney diseases. With caution dried apricots is used for hypotension.
How to cook by yourself?
Make dried apricots can be at home. To do this, first of all, you need to find suitable apricots. They should be sweet, fleshy, ripe and sufficiently dense, so that after drying the dried fruits do not become excessively rigid and acquire the necessary structure. Select only quality fruits that are not affected by pests and preferably collected from tree branches, rather than from the ground.
Dry dried apricots can be in different ways. The first is natural drying. In this case, the early ripening fruits are selected, laid out on a flat surface, covered with gauze and dried for one to one and a half to two weeks in fresh air or in a well and constantly ventilated room. The second method is drying in the dryer. The third option is to use the oven. Apricots are laid out on a baking sheet in an even layer and are sent to dry first at 50 degrees for 5-6 hours, then for another three hours at 65-70 degrees.
To make homemade dried apricots light and bright enough, you can either process it with steam, or immerse it in boiling water for a minute, or soak it in warm water with citric acid dissolved in it for two or three minutes. And to give sweetness to dried fruit, a syrup is used in which the fruit is kept for some time. But if you choose a sweet variety, then additional manipulations will not be required.
Dried apricots are not only used in their original natural form, but are also actively used in cooking. Consider several ways to use:
- As a supplement to the test.For example, biscuit cake thanks to dried apricots will become more gentle, juicy, fragrant and bright. You can also add these useful dried fruits to the biscuits before chopping them.
- With dried apricots, almost any cereal will be even more delicious: rice, wheat, oatmeal.
- Considered dried fruit can be an excellent basis for making compote or jelly.
- If you want to bake pies or pie, then dried apricots will be a wonderful sweet filling. First dried fruit should be boiled for a minute or pour boiling water and soften, then grind in a blender or two or three times to pass through a meat grinder. The finished mashed potatoes are sweet and rather dense, so it does not flow out when baking.
- Dried apricots can be supplemented with a side dish recipe. Enter it in a variety of stews, cereal dishes.
- A special charm and unique aroma acquire hot dishes from pork, turkey, beef and other types of meat.
- Uzbeks and other nationalities are well aware that with the addition of dried apricots, rice can be cooked. Pilaf with this additive will be fragrant, bright and useful.
- If you like fruit salads, then they too safely add dried apricots.
- Such dried fruits are perfectly combined with fermented milk dishes, for example, with yogurt, yogurt. And you can also try home cooking curd mass by entering a few dried fruits into the curd and grinding the composition with a blender.
Tip: if the dried apricots are very hard, you can pour boiling water over it or immerse it in hot water for a couple of minutes to soften and swell the fruit.
An interesting fact: dried apricots can be used in traditional medicine. So, based on it, infusions and decoctions are used for constipation, anemia, fatigue, vitamin deficiencies and other health problems.
If you are still not familiar with dried apricots, then by all means learn better such dried fruits and begin to actively use them to improve health.
How to get to Tyumen
What weapons can I buy?
What is the riddle
What is a footer
How to get better
How much does a bear weigh
How to break a picture