Drops from the common cold - a means that can not do without
Runny nose is familiar to many of us. And certainly in the first-aid kit of everyone there are drops from a cold. But which of them are the most effective? What should be used in this or that case?
How to make a choice?
Choosing drops from a cold, you should pay attention to several important points:
- The specific disease. So, with a simple cold, some drugs are used, for allergies, it is advisable to use completely different drops, and for bacterial infections, other drugs should be used.
- The age of the patient. It must also be taken into account, since, for example, not all means are permitted to children.
- Patient status. If there are any diseases or conditions, then they certainly need to be taken into account.
So, what are the drops of a cold? Here are their main types.
- The most famous and, perhaps, effective group is vasoconstrictor drops. The main cause of nasal congestion in the common cold is swelling of the mucous membranes, which makes breathing very difficult. And in order to get rid of puffiness, it is necessary to narrow the vessels dilated due to inflammation.This is the basis for the action of vasoconstrictive drops. The funds of this group are very effective and operate just a few minutes after application. In addition, the effect will be quite long. But such drops can only be used in extreme cases when the nose does not breathe at all. It is not recommended to use these products for a long time (longer than 5-7 days), as they are addictive (that is, without them you will not be able to breathe normally). And these drops have contraindications. So, they should not be used for hypertension, tachycardia and other cardiovascular diseases, as well as with increased intraocular pressure. This group includes the following drops: "Nazol", "Naphthyzinum", "Otrifin", "Tizin" and others.
- Drops with essential oils will not give an instant effect, but they will gently and safely treat the disease. The oils will help moisturize the mucous membranes and protect them from drying out, which, by the way, is often observed when using vasoconstrictor agents. In addition, some components have anti-inflammatory effects and help gently remove the edema and fight against pathogenic microorganisms. This group includes such tools as "Pinosol" and others.
- Moisturizing drops.As a rule, the main active ingredient of such products is natural purified sea water or sea salt diluted with water. These tools allow you to moisturize the mucous membranes, as well as fight against bacteria and viruses and reduce inflammation. There are almost no contraindications and restrictions, so the drops of this group are completely safe. Here are some tools: AquaMaris, Physiomer, Aqualor.
- Antimicrobial drops. Means with antibiotics can be used only in special cases and only on the recommendation of a doctor. So, if there is a bacterial infection, then it is the tool of this group that will help get rid of a cold and avoid complications. Often used such drops belonging to this group, as "Polydex", "Bioparox", "Isofra" and others. But remember that only a doctor can prescribe such drugs after the examination!
- Antiviral drops are effective if the cause of a cold is a viral infection. They do not so much get rid of the common cold, as they allow to eliminate its main cause - the virus. The most popular and common active substance that is part of the funds of this group is human interferon.This component helps to normalize the immune system and helps the body to cope with attacks of viruses. Such means include "Grippferon" and "Nazoferon". The doctor must prescribe these drops.
- Antihistamine drops are simply necessary if the runny nose is allergic in nature, that is, is a consequence of allergy. The composition of these funds include substances that reduce the body's susceptibility to allergens, as well as components that eliminate puffiness and inflammation. Such drops include, for example, “Zyrtec”, “Nasonex”, “Allergodil” and others.
- Drops on the basis of natural components. Such components may include plant extracts and essential oils, as well as, for example, special proteins and other substances, silver ions. Thus, the tool "Protargol" contains silver ions and protein structures. These components relieve swelling and inflammation, restore the mucous membranes and even fight pathogenic microorganisms.
- Homeopathic drops are a rather controversial remedy. Many believe that homeopathy is a serious science that helps eliminate a wide variety of diseases.Others are skeptical of such means. The fact is that the active substance of such a means is the smallest particles, the activity of which is based on the principle of "wedge wedge", that is, the elimination of such like. The effectiveness of the means has not been proven, but many of the results are satisfied. Appoint such funds ("Delufen", "Euphorbium Compositum") can only be an experienced specialist, preferably a homeopath.
- Combined tools contain several components that are different in their action. For example, it can be vasoconstrictive drops with antibacterial components or antihistamines with vasoconstrictive effect.
Forms of release
How to choose the best drops from a cold? Consider the release form. Here are a few options:
- Aerosols allow spraying the product on the entire surface of the mucous membranes, which is very convenient, and also accelerates and enhances the effect.
- Sprays The product is also sprayed, but not as evenly as an aerosol. This form is very convenient, as when using it is not necessary to tilt the head and "aim" at the nostril.
- Drops with dispenser. It is simple, but not always convenient, when bury you need to throw back your head.
- Drops without a dispenser, suggesting the use of a pipette.It is inconvenient, such means can not be applied on the go.
We study the instruction
Before use, it is essential to read the instructions. First, it indicates whether this tool is suitable for pregnant women and nursing (not all means are allowed for use in such conditions). Secondly, the instruction contains information on age restrictions. So, if one drop can be used to treat children under one year, then others are allowed only from 6 years. Thirdly, by all means learn about the available contraindications.
Making a choice will help the doctor
Any tool has its pros and cons, but not only they need to be considered when choosing. Only the doctor will put an accurate diagnosis and appoint an effective and safe in your case means. Self-medication is ineffective and sometimes dangerous!
How to use?
How to apply drops from the cold to not only accelerate the healing process, but also to avoid undesirable consequences? Here are some important points:
- Follow the recommendations of the doctor and the instructions given in the instructions.
- Vasoconstrictors are best used as needed, for example, before going to bed or before an important event.
- Do not exceed dosages.
- Do not use drops more often than indicated in the instructions.
- Try to distribute the tool as evenly as possible.
- If after 3-4 days of use, the symptoms do not go away, it probably makes sense to change the remedy (only a doctor can do this).
- Do not use other people's drops and do not give yours to anyone, so as not to spread the infection (at the tip of the dispenser there are microbes that got there from the nose).
- Before use, it is better to wipe the tip of the drops with antibacterial wipes or wash it.
Let runny nose overshadow your life. But if he has already appeared, treat him correctly!
Volumetric paintings do-it-yourself
Ksenia Sobchak and Maxim Vitorgan showed Spanish kiss
What is a quantum
How to quit eating a lot
Which buy touch phone
What is a motoblock and how to choose it
Looking for new suppliers of shoes