How to cook crumbly lamb pilaf
Pilaf is a favorite dish of many people, but not every housewife decides to cook classic lamb pilaf at home, because the process is not simple. How to cook crumbly Uzbek lamb pilaf? Learn about it in the article.
The number of ways to cook pilaf is in the hundreds, which combine the choice of dishes, meat, rice cereals, vegetables and spices. Before reviewing the recipes talk about the choice of kitchen utensils and ingredients.
Useful tips before cooking
- For preparing pilau, thick-bottom dishes made of cast iron with straight walls are suitable. Do not use thin-walled and enameled ware.
- It is recommended to prepare the meal from transparent, strong varieties of rice with pips of medium length. Ideal rice cereal, which contains a little starch and absorbs water and fat. Indian or Thai rice variety is a great option.
- First of all, the rice is sifted, repeatedly washed,soaked for several hours with added salt. This is the success of the delicious pilaf.
- The leader in the preparation of pilaf is lamb. Cooks are advised to use brisket, back or spatula. Alternatively, use pork or beef. Veal for pilaf is not suitable.
- Cook a good pilaf without oil will not work. I use corn or sunflower. If possible, replace the oil with fat tail.
- Not less important step in cooking is the choice of spices. Hot peppers, barberries and cumin grains fit perfectly. It is recommended to use other spices, but not mixes, as pilaf will not get the necessary flavor.
Now let's talk about cooking pilau. I dedicate the story to recipes of various dish options, which are based on vegetables, dried fruits and lamb, in addition to rice.
How to cook pilaf of lamb
This classic pilaf is cooked only on the basis of lamb. Some daredevils decide to cook a dish, but instead of pilau, rice porridge with meat is obtained. And I did not succeed at once, until I learned the technique of preparing a lamb pilaf.Having achieved the result, I realized that not enough good products will need courage and mood.
- Lamb - 1 kg.
- Onion - 800
- Carrot - 500 g
- Rice - 800 g.
- Hot red pepper is a small pod.
- Garlic - 3 heads.
- Vegetable oil - 0.5 liters.
- Saffron, barberry, salt, turmeric.
- Mash mutton and cut into medium pieces, onion semirings, and carrot straws. Carrots can be skipped through a large grater. Make a start on preferences.
- On the fire put a cauldron or a thick-bottomed pan, pour in the oil and heat. Put the meat in the dish, after roasting the lamb put in a bowl.
- In the remaining oil in the cauldron, fry the onion, add the carrot, and after a minute or three, pour out the meat and pour warm water over it so that it covers the contents of the dish.
- Add spices, add salt and pepper. After waiting for boiling, screw the fire, cover the dishes with a lid and simmer for an hour.
- Add the rice to the stewed lamb with vegetables, smooth and pour in water, so that it is three centimeters above the cereal. At this stage, increase the fire to maximum, and five minutes after boiling reduce to an average level.
- In rice, make a few deep holes, put whole heads of garlic in there, cover the dishes with a lid and turn off the heat. Twenty minutes later, serve pilaf to the table, laid out on a large plate and decorated with greens.
I do not know if you had to use this recipe. Ultimately, the pilaf is perfect. Try it out in practice as soon as possible.
Cooking vegetarian pilaf from vegetables
Even a novice chef knows that pilaf is an oriental dish made from lamb, rice and spices. This does not mean that vegetarians and fasting people cannot enjoy the taste and flavor of the treat. To do this, instead of meat, put vegetables in pilaf. The result is a dish that is characterized by health benefits.
- Rice - 2 cups.
- Carrot - 5 pcs.
- Onions - 3 heads.
- Tomato - 2 pcs.
- Sweet pepper - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves.
- Vegetable oil, turmeric, pepper, coriander and salt.
- First prepare the rice. Take out the croup and clean it of garbage. After several rinsings in ice water, fill the rice with boiling water and leave to soak.
- Prescribed vegetables, wash, peel and chop as desired. Immerse the tomatoes for a moment in boiling water, remove the skin, remove the seeds and chop.
- In the cauldron pour vegetable oil, heat and fry the cloves of garlic. Throw garlic, and in the cauldron send the seasonings and fry.
- Following the spices in a cauldron, put onions. When it becomes transparent, add the rest of the vegetables, add salt and pepper and simmer a little.
- Put the rice folded in a colander over the stewed vegetables, level and pour boiling water over the grill for three centimeters. After boiling the cauldron, cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook pilaf for a third of an hour.
- After the time has elapsed, insert several notched garlic cloves into the rump. They will provide the pilaf with an amazing aroma. It remains to bring to readiness under the lid. It will take a quarter of an hour.
Remove the finished dish from the heat, stir. If you want, add a little salt and sprinkle with herbs. I serve to the table along with garlic croutons.
How to make sweet lean pilaf
Many consider sweet pilaf an unusual dish. The sweet recipe is popular in the Asian region, where it is prepared with the addition of prunes, dried apricots or raisins. I propose an option that combines these ingredients.
Lean pilaf with dried fruits will appeal to fans of vegetarian and healthy food, as well as other gourmets.
- Rice - 2 cups.
- Prunes, dried apricots, raisins - 0.5 cups each.
- Butter - 100 g.
- Sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Wash the rice cereal and soak in warm water for two hours, adding a pinch of salt. Drain the water and wash the grits again.
- Put a saucepan on the stove, pour three liters of water and bring to a boil, after adding a teaspoon of salt. Dip rice in boiling water and cook for ten minutes. After the grits, fold to a colander and rinse.
- Drain the boiled water and fry in butter with sugar and spices. A few minutes is enough. It will remain to combine the rice with roasted dried fruit and mix.
I recommend to serve on a large dish, sprinkled with cinnamon. If you want sweet, take honey. I think the kids will be delighted with such a treat.
How to cook pilaf in a slow cooker
The model of the multicooker does not play a role, as well as the presence of a special “pilaf” mode. The main thing is to buy fresh meat. You have learned the technology of making Uzbek pilaf from lamb. Now make a dish based on chicken.
- Chicken thighs - 0.25 kg.
- Rice - 2 cups.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Carrot - 1 piece.
- Water - 5 glasses.
- Salt, seasoning for pilaf, pepper.
- Remove the skin from the thighs and remove the bone, and cut the meat into pieces. The fillet will do as well, but with it the dish will turn out dryish.
- Peel the onion into cubes and carrot straws. I do not recommend skipping carrots through a grater, otherwise porridge will turn out.
- Send the crushed vegetables with meat to the slow cooker, add a little vegetable oil and activate the frying mode for fifteen minutes. During this time, the ingredients are browned.
- Turn off frying mode, and add spices and pepper with salt to the bowl of the device. After thoroughly mixing, put the rice on top and pour in the water.
- It remains to close the lid and activate the pilaf mode. At the end of the program, open the lid and mix.
I do not know if you had to cook pilaf in a slow cooker. If you try, you no longer want to mess with cauldrons and other dishes. By the way, we will find the technology of cooking cabbage in a slow cooker.
The final part of the story will be devoted to the history of pilaf, which is rich enough. Rice pilaf appeared after the Middle Eastern residents mastered the principle of the cultivation of cereals.
In some countries, the dish is prepared from other cereals.There is an opinion that India is the homeland of the pilaf, whose inhabitants prepare similar treats, only without meat. This idea occurred to the Persians.
Pilaf came to Europe through the efforts of the French. Not having a recipe at hand, they did not preserve originality, transforming the dish into porridge. Only at the beginning of the 19th century did the Europeans gain access to original recipes.
Cooks prepare pilaf under the open sky on the basis of lamb and fat-tailed fat. Vegetable oil is not used. Preparation - a kind of show, in which there is no place for women.
I hope you take advantage of the recipes, and the dishes that you cook, like.
How to decorate a T-shirt
Glamorous paradoxes of clothes in style бохо
How to change the metabolism
How to make a monster yourself with a plastic bottle
How to get rid of toothache yourself
How to eat avocado