How to cure a cat?
Many of us love pets and therefore keep them at home. Of course, you can choose anyone as a dog, a hamster, a chinchilla, a rabbit or a cat as a four-legged friend. But the conversation today will be about cats. Someone gets a cat for consolation, someone sees a friend in the cat, well, someone gave the cat a child. But just like a person, a cat can get sick with various diseases that will inconvenience it and also threaten its life. Therefore, in our article we will discuss how to cure a cat from various diseases.
Immediately, we note that as in the case of a person, everything is also not worth self-medicating, and it is better to contact a specialist for an answer or help. No wonder there is such a doctor as a veterinarian who just specializes in the treatment of our four-legged friends. Now consider the common diseases and methods of their treatment.
There is a disease such as ear mite in cats, which can be treated as follows:
- The treatment can be carried out at home.In this case, insecticidal drugs are used, often pyrethrin, milbemycin or acarex. Veterinarians may also recommend selamectin or fipronil.
- The duration of treatment may be from 2 to 4 weeks, until such time as all the parasites die.
- Such mites can live on the body of the animal, including the paws and tail, therefore it is necessary to treat the entire body of the cat. Efficacy have drugs from ticks and fleas, a variety of shampoos and aerosols, which include the above listed substances. It is worth using products that are specifically designed for cats.
- Attention should be paid to the tail, because during the sleep of the animal, it is near the ear. It is worth treating all the animals in the house, as the tick is transmitted from one cat to another. If everything is done correctly, there are no chances for ticks.
How to treat diarrhea in cats
Diarrhea in cats is divided into 2 groups - chronic and acute. In most cases, if short diarrhea occurs, only symptomatic and supportive treatment is used. By limiting food intake for 1-2 days, you can most likely heal the animal.When an animal is sick, it must be fed only dietary meat, and this should be done often, but in small portions. It is also worth adding food that is easily digested to the cat's diet. It can be boiled steak, cottage cheese or soft-boiled egg. You can give the cat a drug co-pectate, 3-4 times a day, at the rate of 1 ml per 0.9 kg of animal weight. Water can only be given if there is no vomiting.
Worms in the cat than to treat
- At the moment there are a large number of drugs that are effective at all stages of the life of the worms, and can completely save the cat from them. The bulk of the funds acts on most species of parasites - cestodes, trematodes and nematodes. It is also worth noting that the current drugs are not as toxic as they were before. Drugs can be produced in the form of tablets, and in the form of drops or suspensions. These are drugs prozitsit, pratel, drontal, milbemaks.
- The medicine must be given to the animal in the morning, on an empty stomach, to adhere to the dosage indicated on the package. It is not necessary to give a pet a laxative, clean the intestines, or keep an animal without feed. Most often, the medicine is given with food.If the animal refuses, the drug is given forcibly. The animal is thrown back head up, and the drug lay on the root of the tongue. And do not be afraid if the increased salivation has begun, this is a natural reaction. It should be ensured that the entire preparation was eaten by animals.
- Often, treatment is performed twice, in the 14 days of the interval between medication. In some cases, a longer treatment is required, if the animal has a high degree of parasite invasion, then it is worth contacting a veterinarian to control the presence of larvae and eggs of parasites.
How to treat a runny nose in cats
- First, eliminate the cause of the disease. With a cold improve the living conditions of the animal. The area of the nose is heated by sand, which is poured into a small bag. This procedure is done 2-3 times a day. You can rinse the nose with a 2-3% solution of boric acid or a 0.5-1% solution of zinc sulfate.
- If there is a thick discharge, the nose is washed with boiled beetroot juice or 1% saline solution.
- In each nostril you can drip 5-6 drops of ecmonovocillin, which is diluted with saline in the ratio of 1: 2.
- To irrigate the nasal cavity is recommended 0.5% solution of tannin, 1% solution of baking soda.
- In chronic rhinitis, you can blow a little streptocid powder into your nostrils several times a day.
- Infectious rhinitis is treated at the same time as the main disease, 5-10 drops of galazolin are dripping into your nose.
- To increase the body's defenses, ultraviolet radiation can be carried out.
How to treat cystitis in cats
- The treatment is carried out by a veterinarian. Often, he prescribes diuretics, or more simply, diuretic drugs. If the disease is complicated, bladder washings with furacilin and potassium permanganate can be used. If cystitis is a consequence of another disease, it is treated along with the main one. If urolithiasis occurs, surgery may be required.
- The animal must be given peace, warmth, soft bedding, fresh water.
How to treat constipation in cats
- Cats that suffer from constipation should eat more fiber, which is well absorbed in their bodies, and the stool becomes softer. Oat bran is also helpful. Laxatives or cleansing enemas can also help. Also, exercise during the first hours after eating, contributes to a good bowel movement.
- Mild constipation can be cured only by laxative, if the disease is more severe, the doctor may resort to surgery.
How to treat mastitis in a cat
Treatment consists of alleviating symptoms in the early stages of the disease. Immediately turn to a specialist. But before that, the cat is provided with peace of mind, it is isolated the kittens, it is restricted in the use of liquid, in the first days you can not give at all. The mammary glands are bandaged, you can apply compresses, first cold, and then hot, from sage leaves, oak bark or alcohol. Warm wraps are also effective. Treatment is carried out only by a specialist. Cure the disease itself will not succeed.
Making Aquamarine Soap
Honeycombs with bees
What foods contain selenium
Secrets of cooking home bastrum
New Year fleece cap
What is quick and easy to cook