How to Diversify Sandwich Fillings
When the kids start whining that they're sick of peanut butter and you're tired of the same cheese fillings, it can be hard to step outside the habit. However, the world of sandwich fillings is incredibly diverse and can be an art in its own right if you really want it to be. This article suggests numerous sandwich filling ideas to get you started; after reading this, you'll be sure to have many ideas of your own.
Make cheese sandwiches more interesting.While cheese sandwiches are an easy mainstay for lunchboxes, they can be made a lot more interesting than just simple cheese. Here are some ideas:
- Change the cheese. If you've been eating only one kind of cheese, branch out and try other cheese varieties, especially those with stronger flavors, and cheese types you've never tried before.
- Red pepper, cress, or radish to mild cheese for a piquant taste.
- Chives and tomato to ricotta cheese.
- Sprouts and a spread to cheese.
- Cottage cheese with blackcurrant jam.
- Cheese with lettuce, tomato and green or red pepper.
- Cheese and celery.
- Mixed cottage cheese and cream cheese, with sprouts added.
- Cheese with chives and tomato.
- Add banana and jam.
Spice up the usual peanut butter.Peanut butter is another sandwich mainstay that can do with a lift. Some suggestions include:
- Lettuce and cucumber with peanut butter.
- Lentil sprouts and parsley with peanut butter.
- Semi-dried, oiled tomatoes or red peppers with peanut butter.
Add honey to sandwiches.Honey can make an interesting spread choice, with some additions:
- Honey with cocoa, Milo, malt powder.
- Honey with chopped raisins. Warning: Very sweet!
- Honey with poppy seed or sesame seed.
- Honey, jam, and apple slices.
Make a roasted vegetable sandwich.This can include any vegetables that are your absolute favorites and it will taste delicious in Italian style breads, such as ciabatta. Good choices for inclusion include pepper, zucchini (courgette), potato, pumpkin, eggplant, artichoke hearts, sweet onion, and tomatoes.
Make a falafel sandwich.Use a pita, pre-cooked cooled falafels, salad ingredients, tabouli, hummus, and a squirt of mint-yogurt. Delicious cold as well as warmed!
Use leftovers.Leftovers make excellent sandwiches, including turkey, ham, chicken, vegetables, cooked grains, mashed potato, etc. Add condiments such as sauce and pickles for added flavor and moisture.
- Keep in mind that varying the bread is as important as the filling. Try bagels, pita, flat breads, ciabatta, baguette, rolls, etc. as well as the usual sandwich bread. Even sandwich bread can be varied considerably, using seed bread, plain bread, rye bread, wholewheat bread, etc.
- Jam and jelly are interchangeable in sandwiches.
Video: Базовые упражнения в тренажерном зале. Базовые упражнения для набора массы
7 Pushup Variations You NEED to Try
Can Your Pet Get You Sick
Fuel your workout with bran flakes
40 3D Chest Tattoo Designs For Men – Manly Ink Ideas
Hard Proof That Even aLittle Bit ofCheating Can Ruin Everything
TheLIST Best Dressed: July 1, 2019
How to Check a Cervix for Dilation
9 Ways to Overcome MS Burnout
Easy Beer Hacks When You Need A Cold One ASAP
How Back-To-School Prep Now Is Different Than When I Was A Kid
I went to a heartbreak recovery retreat and here’s what happened’