How to Get a Guy to Kiss You
Have you been dreaming of that first kiss with your special someone, but it seems like he's never going to make a move? Chances are, he's nervous and might not know how you would react. Follow these steps to clue him in on the fact that you want to be kissed.
Setting the Mood
Make sure your breath smells good.Remember to brush your teeth and tongue before you leave your house. Have mints or a pack of gum handy if you are heading to a party where you think a kissable guy might be. There is nothing worse than kissing someone with bad breath so do yourself a favor and harness that halitosis.
Find the right location and get him alone.Ask him to hang out somewhere that will set the stage for a kiss--go for a walk, go see a movie, etc. If you are at a party, you can go in another room and ask him to come. Ask him to go outside with you or find some other way to get him alone (partners hide and seek anyone?) Having friends around will probably kill the mood and will also put a lot of pressure on him. If you really want to be kissed, find a way to be alone with your guy.
Be outgoing once you get him alone.Be confident and friendly. If you are nervous, try not to show it. Have an open, welcoming body posture--keep your arms and legs uncrossed, look into his eyes while you are talking and face your body towards his. Laugh at his jokes and compliment him. Compliment him on what you really like about him, for example: 'You look great in that shirt--it really brings out your blue eyes.' Make him feel comfortable.
Get closer to him.If you aren't already close to him, step closer, minimizing the space between you two. If necessary, create a ruse to get closer to him. Chances are, he’s probably trying to come up with a way to get closer to you too and your ruse may give him the opportunity to kiss you that he has been looking for.
- If you’re outside, shiver and say you’re a little chilly and shuffle closer to him. If you’re indoors, say he has an eyelash or something on his face. Lean in and wipe it off, then look up into his eyes and don’t move away.
Giving Him Physical Clues
Break the touch barrier.The touch barrier is that invisible line that gets drawn between two people who are interested in each other. Be the first person to cross the line--touch your guy on the arm when you laugh, brush your leg against his if you’re sitting next to each other, etc. Touching him will let him know that you’re cool with physical contact (including kissing.) If your guy breaks the touch barrier first, respond in some way--perhaps touching him on the arm or brushing his hand with yours--to let him know that you are comfortable with what’s happening.
Make your lips kissable.Before you even think about kissing, make sure your lips look as tantalizing as possible. Dry, cracked and chapped lips are not very fun to kiss! Ensure your lips are well moisturized, applying some Vaseline or lip balm before bed to prevent them from drying out. Make your lips unavoidable. One of the classic ways to do this is to playfully bite your lip when you flirt with him. Make sure to make eye contact while doing this.
- If you guys have gone out to dinner, get something that will draw his attention to your lips. If you are eating something that is drip-prone (like ice cream, strawberries, watermelon, etc.) let a little juice get on your lips and then lick it off slowly. Just be careful not to look like you’re a hot mess who has a hard time eating without getting food on herself.
- Apply some lip gloss while your guy is watching. His eyes will be drawn to your lips. Just be careful not to put too much lip gloss on--a lot of lip gloss can be very sticky. For a less sticky approach, use lip balm or chapstick.
Flirt with your eyes.Eye contact plays a big part in getting your guy to understand that you want to be kissed. It shows that you’re confident, but also that you can play coy. One way to clue him in on the fact that you want a kiss is to look him deep in the eyes, slowly drop your gaze to his lips, and then move them back up to his eyes. If the guy catches on, this is his cue to kiss you. If not, then try again a little later. Don't do it over and over though, it could make him feel a little uncomfortable.
- Another way to flirt with your eyes is to act bashful. Hold eye contact for a moment, then drop your eyes, smiling slightly. Glance back up and give him your best ‘come-hither’ look.
Kiss him!Who said guys have to make the first move? If you want to be kissed, why don’t you kiss him first. Guys can get super nervous around girls they like so why not take the pressure off him and kiss him? Confidence is attractive. Go get ‘em girl.
Giving Verbal Hints
Flirt it up.Flirting lets a guy know you’re interested in him without being too obvious. Engage in some light banter--tease him (but not cruelly). You could even tease him about the fact that he hasn’t kissed you (which should be amajorhint to him that you want to be kissed.)
- Flirt with him over text. Flirtatious, funny texts can be a great way to 1) let a guy know you’re funny, 2) show him that you’re interested, and 3) keep him thinking about you even when you are not together. Just be sure not to overload him with texts--that can feel overwhelming and be a bit of a turn off.
Make him feel confident.Make your guy feel like he is the only guy in the world--and the strongest, sexiest guy at that. Giving him a confidence boost may give him just enough confidence to get up the nerve to kiss you!
- Ask him to help you lift something or open something for you. When he has done whatever it is, say something ‘ooo look at those muscles.’ Even if you just say something complimentary like ‘I love your eyes,’ you are sure to stroke his confidence.
Ask him to kiss you.Sometimes you just need to be direct. If you have given as many hints as you think you can drop without acting like a crazy person, its time to just ask for a kiss. Just keep in mind that being direct has its pros and cons. On one hand, you will get your answer (and hopefully your kiss) immediately--on the other hand, that answer may be ‘no.’ If he is a really shy guy, he may need to just work up to kissing you on his own. Another possibility is that he is not as into it as you thought he was--if that’s the case, don’t lose heart. There are plenty of other fish in the kissing sea.
- You can make your question sound sexy while still making it clear that you want to be kissed like..right now. When you are close to him (such as when you are pretending there is something on his cheek--see Part One) lean in close to his ear so that your lips brush it gently and whisper “kiss me” or something along those lines. It is more than likely that that little brush of your lips and your bold request will drive away any lingering shyness he might have.
To get a guy to kiss you, start by asking him to hang out alone somewhere, like at the movies or in a separate room at a party. Once you are alone together, be confident by maintaining eye contact and smiling, and do your best to relax, which will make him feel comfortable. Then, show him that you’re fine by brushing your arm against his or leaning into him so that your faces are close. If he isn’t getting the hint but you think he might want to kiss you, you can just ask him to, or kiss him first!
- Remember not to go over the top with Vaseline, lip balm or lip gloss--they can make for a sticky kiss.
- When you do kiss, make sure you close your eyes. For most people, this is a natural instinct but if he happens to peek and sees your eyes open, it could cause him to feel uncomfortable and nervous.
- Don't rush into the kiss either, just take it slow, make the moment last longer, but make sure he is in to the kiss to, maybe press a little more into the kiss.
- If you want to kiss a guy, wait for the right moment, and don't try to force it either.
- Before trying these tips, ensure the guy is single first. If he isn't, you could end up in a lot of trouble.
- If the guy doesn't want to kiss you don't pressure him. Let it happen naturally.
- Don't force yourself on the guy. If you force yourself he probably either won't like you anymore or he'll be uncomfortable around you.
- Kissing him on the cheek may help him get the hint.
- Try not to make it awkward if he makes a move, move fluidly. It may make it seem like you aren't ready, especially if you aren't ready. Also, don't make it seem like you are eager for a kiss. It may make him feel nervous, or even back off.
- Don't feel rejected or heart-broken if you don't get your kiss, the guy probably just isn't ready or doesn't like you that way. There are plenty more guys out there.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Português: , Italiano: , Español: , Français: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Русский: , Čeština: , Bahasa Indonesia: , ไทย: , 日本語:
Video: 5 SIGNS A GUY WANTS YOU TO KISS HIM! (GUY SECRETS)
Topshop Unique AW14, London Fashion Week
Eye Care Tips In Winter Session in Hindi
19 things you will only understand if you’re a vegan
How to Stop Speeding
Theres Plastic In Your Vegetables
How to Cook Eisbein
Taking the Virtual Plunge Into Online Dating
4 Ways to Pack Bras
6 Must-Have Fridge Staples for Dieters
Holiday Running Challenge: Complete