How to Look After a Chihuahua
Providing a Suitable Sleeping Area
Set up the dog's sleep area.Although the dog is small, it will appreciate having its own sleeping space rather than being expected to curl up anywhere. Some options for a good sleeping space include:
- A small pillow or cushion in a suitable corner or area of the room intended for sleeping.
- A small dog bed. This can be placed anywhere, including inside a kennel. Add some blankets or cushioning.
- Make the space comfortable.
Clean bedding regularly.This will help to reduce the flea population and keeps everything nice for your chihuahua.
Feeding Your Chihuahua
Feed appropriate dog food.Chihuahuas eat hard and soft dog food.
Use a small bowl.That way you won't be tempted to overfeed your chihuahua.
Place both food and water bowls in an easily accessible place.
Avoid feeding your chihuahua human food.It doesn't matter how cute they are, do not feed your chihuahua human food unless you are absolutely certain is both safe and appropriate for the dog.
Playtime and Exercise
Play with your chihuahua, as they love being played with.Use safe, soft toys. Chihuahuas enjoy playing fetch and tug-of-war.
Walk your chihuahua at least once a day.Twice a day is good. Try not to carry the dog everywhere––he needs exercise as much as you do.
Love your chihuahua.Give your dog as much love as possible.
QuestionI live in a small flat. Can I train my 9 month old puppy to use a dirt tray?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, although it may take some time since he is still a puppy. Reward him with a treat every time he uses the dirt tray. Also, be sure to take him out for a walk at least 2-3 times per week so he gets enough exercise.Thanks!
QuestionHow much money would it be too look after a chihuahua?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerChihuahua's are small dogs, so it takes less money to take care of them than a bigger dog would. Also, for the grooming situation, if you have a long-haired chihuahua you might have to spend more time/money than a short-haired chihuahua. All in all, chihuahuas are not that expensive.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Find a suitably sized collar. Check that the collar is comfortable around your dog's neck (if you can fit your two fingers into the collar, after your pet wears it, it's suitable).
- You can usesafebaby toys for chihuahua toys.
- You should always take your puppy to the bathroom as quickly as you can, because if you don't then it might excrete waste on your floor.
- Do not hurt your dog by pushing him away rudely or harshly, just tap him lightly to tell them off.
- Do not leave your Chihuahua home alone all day; this dog needs to socialize and be loved. If you are at work or school all day, either re-think your idea of buying a Chihuahua (or any other dog) or find someone to come in every day to walk, love, play and feed your Chihuahua.
Video: All about the Chihuahua: History, Care and training
Things to do in Padstow
How to Start a Tank of Sea Monkeys
How to get rid of dark circles with multani mitti
15 Casual Summer Work Outfits To Try
How to Tune a Piano
Miley Cyrus Long Hairstyles 2012
8 Ways to Strengthen Your Relationship
Are You a Functional Alcoholic
Young founder myth: The average age of entrepreneurs is 42, MIT study reveals
39 Fashion Girl-Approved Ways to Look Stylish WhileBiking
Date: 04.12.2018, 05:19 / Views: 41384