How to make a cake?
In the home cooking book of each housewife, cooking takes place in a separate place. When we want to pamper our loved ones with some kind of delicacy, then we start looking for a suitable recipe. In this article we will explain how to make a cake, consider the basic methods of cooking and decorating this dessert.
A cake is a sweet treat of a small size. It is served as a final point at the end of the meal and, as a rule, is a small masterpiece of culinary art. Purchased at the store, cakes are distinguished by a chic and tempting look, but those that are cooked at home can outwardly give in, but often win the taste.
The basis of the cake is usually dough. Depending on its type, they also subdivide the pastries: sand, biscuit, custard, puff, aerial, whipped, nutty, tiny, almond. A distinctive feature of the cake is the presence of the filling, because without it it will be a cupcake.
The basic principles of cakes
- Choux.For many, the secret is how to make custard cakes, and here the main thing is to follow the recipe of making the dough itself, and then it remains to be filled. The focus will be on the filling - butter or custard.
- Puff. This is by far the easiest and delicious kind of cakes, because the dough can be bought ready-made and you can only dream with the filling. The simplest thing is to bake puff “tongues” in the oven and sprinkle them with sugar or powdered sugar.
- Airy Such cakes are used to be called “meringues”. This is a light and delicate treat. Prepared from egg whites, sugar and vanilla. No flour added! This is their main difference. For a change, of course, you can combine them with a substrate of dough. Top decorated with confetti or icing sugar.
- Whipped. These cakes are similar to the air. But it is them that are prepared in the confectionery industry, using a whipping machine and strict adherence to the technological process. The pastry dough is a mass of egg whites, granulated sugar, molasses and gelatinizer. In finished form, these are small white cakes of the same shape.
- NutThe basis for such cakes can be biscuit dough, only 200-300 grams should be added to it. nuts (almonds, walnuts). They will be the highlight of these cakes.
- Little ones. These cakes are made from the remnants of the cut biscuit dough, which is crushed and formed with the addition of cream. The most popular type of tiny cake is “potato”, by analogy with it they make “apple”, “keg”.
- Almond. It will be natural to assume that the main ingredient is almonds. It is crushed, eggs are added (in some recipes only proteins), sugar, flour and baked. This type of cake has historical roots that lead to the 18th century to the Marquis de Pompadour.
Frosting or cream
What decoration for cake to choose is up to the hostess. There are many recipes for cooking both. The difference will be how to bake cakes, and therefore in the way of decorating. Because the cream can be lubricated and semi-finished and finished product, and the glaze is applied at the very end exclusively for decoration. Therefore, if you want to soak the cake, then choose a cream or impregnation, and if you just need to cover it from above, then icing will be better.
There are many types of glaze - sugar, chocolate, protein, lemon, marmalade, etc. The most popular is chocolate glaze, which is made from butter, milk, chocolate or cocoa powder, powdered sugar, starch and vanilla. It is mixed gradually over low heat and at the beginning of thickening it is removed from the stove. It is good for glazing large cakes, such as choux. And the most affordable cream is sour cream with sugar, which was used by grandmothers. Impregnation is the fastest to make on the basis of sugar syrup from berries. There are also many recipes, but the most popular ones are orange, vanilla, coffee, lemon, rum.
Cooking sand cakes
The basis of the shortcake is the dough of:
- Butter or margarine
Standard sandcake cooking begins with baking two layers of dough, which, when ready, are lubricated with a filling (cream, fudge) and cut into equal pieces. The most popular type of pastry is cream strips. How to make a cake: cooked dough is rolled into a 8-10 mm thick layer and baked on a dry baking sheet at a temperature of 230-250 degrees.Warm layers smear jam and cut into squares. Zaglazirovat top and decorate the berries.
Cooking sponge cakes
Cooking biscuit cakes, most of them, like sand, the difference in the consistency of the finished dough - it is lush, voluminous and soft. As a rule, it is impregnated or heavily lubricated with cream. Delicious sponge cake recipe:
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp.
- Soda - 1 tsp.
- Flour - 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
Separate the whites from the yolks and whip: yolks with sugar, and whites - in a cool foam. Mix yolks with sour cream, butter, flour and soda. In this mass, carefully add proteins. Put the finished dough on a greased sheet and set in an oven heated to 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until light brown. The cooled dough is formed into circles (using a form or a glass), we combine them with a cream, with which we cover their sides and top. Liberally sprinkle with crumb from dough with the addition of chopped nuts.
What is conflict
What is basalioma?
How to grow walnut nuts
How to get rid of neighbors
Church wedding rules, ritual, wedding ceremony, wedding calendar for 2012
DIY voice control