How to make a kite?
Kites are an ancient invention of mankind, rooted in the history of ancient China. The Chinese used kites as a tool for measuring the distance, as well as lifting scouts into the air. In addition, it is known that these flying constructions were used during the holidays, giving them the shape of butterflies, animals, kites, beetles. The serpent as the personification of power and well-being in the Chinese tradition was most prevalent, from which the tradition of the name "kite" went.
Evolution of kites
In ancient Rome, kites were launched into the sky as military flags that showed the direction of the wind and frightened opponents. Only by the XVII century in Europe, kites began to be used in various spectacles as beautiful and unusual flying structures.
In the 20th century, kites began to be modified and used as tools for raising radio antennas and cameras for meteorological purposes. So there are box-shaped kites that can rise to a height of several kilometers and carry a load of several tens of kilograms.In our article we will explain how to make a kite yourself at home.
Materials and basic requirements for making a snake
In order to make a kite with your own hands, you need the following items:
- two sticks of the desired length (from plastic, bamboo, pine, willow, linden or any other tree, previously cleared of bark);
- a basis for a snake (from a plastic bag, tracing paper, paper, cellophane);
- a bridle (from a thick and strong thread, fishing line);
- tail 3-4 meters long (made of cord, polyethylene, cellophane, ribbons);
- holder (from reel, thick cardboard or plank).
- scotch tape, scissors, marker, ruler, good glue.
The main requirements for a kite include the following:
- the snake must be strong, light and tough (to soar upwards and not to break);
- the kite should not be folded in flight, and its tail should perform the functions of the steering wheel;
- the launch of the snake should be carried out on a wide platform with moderate wind (at a wind speed of 4-7 m / s);
- it is better to launch a snake together (one person holds and releases the snake against the wind, another runs with the coil in the wind forward);
- a running snake must tremble in the air, and a person stand side by side, but not run (if you still have to run, it means that the wind is not strong enough);
- when the wind strengthens, the coil is unwound, when it subsides, on the contrary, winds up (otherwise, you can either tear the thread or confuse the snake in nearby trees).
Instructions for making a kite
So, you decided to make a kite with your own hands. We offer you the following step-by-step instructions:
- On the two prepared sticks, mark the middle with a marker, and on the same stick, also mark the third part with a marker. Connect the sticks together crosswise so that the middle of one falls on the marked 1/3 of the other. They must be fastened together at the right angle with thick threads or strong adhesive tape. Having received something like an ordinary elongated cross, make notches at the ends of the sticks and draw a thick thread through all the ends of the sticks so that the frame is formed.
- Take the prepared base for the kite, lay it on the floor, and place the crossed sticks on top. With the same marker, mark all the extreme points of the crossed sticks with an indent of a couple of centimeters, and then connect them with a ruler to get the outline of the kite itself.Cut it with scissors.
- You can arrange the reverse side of the snake as you wish - draw a muzzle, flowers, eyes, make an appliqué. Some cut out the base of pre-flowered material or material with different logos. Typically, a cut out base for a kite is attached to the skeleton of threads with glue, bending the edges of the base under the bottom. The base can also be attached only to the ends of the crossed sticks either with the help of threads or with the help of adhesive tape, but this will make the structure not so strong.
- How to make a kite with a tail? The tail for the kite must be cut out of the prepared material so that it is much longer than one of the rods. The edges of the tail need not be flattened, since it is precisely its unevenness that will affect the altitude and speed of flight. The finished tail is tied to the lower end of one of the crossed sticks and secured for confidence with tape and thread. If you have a desire, for beauty you can make several tails, and also attach several paper bows to the tail at equal distances from each other.
- It now remains to make the final touch, namely to attach the bridle and the thread that will connect the kite with the person. To secure the bridle will require 3 upper ends of the crossed sticks and two threads. Attach the first thread from the left edge of the wand and pass it through the top edge of the wand (only to measure the length of the thread) and attach it to the right edge of the same wand. Attach the second thread to the upper edge of the stick and measure another 10 cm, attach it to the middle of the first thread. You can attach the main thread to the finished bridle, which you will hold in your hands. The remaining part of it can be either rolled up in a ball, or wound on a special holder. So, a kite made with your own hands is ready!
Mackerel on the grill
Felt and bead hair tie
IQ test: you are a genius if you have solved all the riddles in 2 minutes
Why is the water holy