How to put stress?
Russian language is one of the most difficult in the world. And if you are looking for in the global web the answer to the question of how to put emphasis in words, this means that even Russian-speaking people sometimes have certain difficulties in mastering the norms of the language. And if your profession involves frequent speeches in front of an audience, then you need to speak as correctly as possible in order to correctly convey information. How to put stress in words so as not to distort their meaning? This will be discussed in this article.
Features of Russian stress
Where to put stress? To answer this question will help a special section in linguistics, which is called accentology. So, according to this science, there are no clearly defined rules of emphasis in the Russian language. Each word has its own laws. How to put stress? Answering this question, you need to remember that the Russian language is characterized by the so-called free or different stress. This means that different parts of the word - root, prefix,suffix or ending. We decided to highlight a few points, understanding which will help to figure out how to put emphasis on words.
- In Russian, stress is free and therefore can fall on any syllable.
- The stress can be moving and still. Where to put stress in this case? Suppose that in different forms of the same word the stress falls on the same part, this will mean that it is motionless: you speak, speak, speak. But if the stress falls on different syllables of the same word, then it is called mobile: grass is trava, run out run out.
- How to put stress? It must be remembered that stress can change over time. For example, if before it was considered correct to say: metallurgy, polygaphy, now the norm is as follows: metallurgy, polygraphy.
- Where to put stress, you will also be prompted by dictionaries. In them, you will be surprised to find that sometimes some variants of stress are considered to be equal. For example: Avgustovsky - AvgOVOvsky, KazAki - Cossacks, Keta - Keta and others.
- Sometimes so that there is no doubt where to put stress, you just need to learn words with fixed accents.Here are some of them: sorta, scarf, bats, ring and others.
Lexical, grammatical, stylistic differences
Where to put stress in order to properly convey your thoughts? When preparing your speech, remember that different places of emphasis are due to the fact that in practice there may be two or even more accent options. They will differ among themselves in the lexical, grammatical or stylistic relation.
- The lexical distinction suggests that the meaning of a word changes as the place of stress changes. For example, ugly and flawless or characteristic and characteristic. How to put the emphasis correctly and not make a mistake? Consider the lexical meaning of the word and the context in which it sounds.
- Variety stress also allows you to distinguish between grammatical forms. It can be forms of the same word, for example, stress in different places of the words - strings and strings indicate that in the first case we have the genitive case of the singular word A, and in the second case it is the nominative case of the plural the very word. Otherwise, different stresses in the same word may indicate forms of completely different words.For example, paly is the past tense of the verb “fall”, and palI is already the imperative form of the verb “to fall”.
- How to put stress? In some cases, the science of style will help you to answer this question. Words such as rich, young or silk may sound different - Bogatyr, well done, silk. The diversity of stress is associated with the folklore origin of these words.
How to put stress in the names? Here you can apply the following rule: in women, stress is placed on the penultimate syllable - MarIna, Inna, Valentina, etc. But in the men's everything is a little different. In short male names, emphasis is placed on the penultimate syllable - Kul, Zhenya. And where to put stress in long names? On the last syllable (Michael, Anton, Valentine). True, there are enough exceptions for accents in names. But, in general, our great and mighty Russian language is distinguished by exceptions to the rules.
How to put stress in other languages? For Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese, there are tonic and musical accents. They suggest the selection of a syllable by changing the pitch.How to put stress in words in such an unusual way? This question is best addressed to speakers of Asian languages. There are also dynamic, forceful stress, when the stressed syllable is distinguished by a greater pronunciation power. Such types of stress are characteristic of English, French, Russian and others. To understand you correctly, speak correctly! Where to emphasize that the meaning was conveyed correctly? Learn Russian, and if you have any questions, look in a special dictionary.
How to cure hemorrhoids
Real estate in Kiev and the Kiev region on the website Zastroyschiki.com
Who is the president of Ukraine
How to play in advertising
Trip to china