How to sew a cat?
A soft toy is always a good gift that pleases the eye not only of a child, but also of an adult, and if it is, moreover, made with its own hands, then there is no price for it at all. To sew a toy cat is not so difficult, the most important thing is to have an idea of what the pattern is and to be friends with a thread and a needle.
So, how to sew a cat with your own hands, where to start? Let's start with the materials that will be useful to us for textile dolls:
- Cotton fabric of white color and color.
- Sewing threads.
- Sintepon for stuffing toys.
- Ribbons and lace.
- Acrylic paints.
- PVA glue.
Making the cat's torso
You can make a pattern of any size, but remember that the smaller the toy, the harder it is to sew. Therefore, I advise you to make a doll with an optimum height of 43 cm. Now about how to sew a cat. Instruction:
- Take a piece of paper and make a pattern of a cat. To do this, draw a sketch, decide how many details you need. Then take the tracing paper or graph paper, put on it the outlines of the pattern. Cut out sketches.
- For the manufacture of a cat, you will need two parts of the body, two halves of the head, two elements of the tail, two parts of the lower legs and two parts of the upper.
- Attach the pattern to the fabric and attach with pins, cut out the details along the contour, leaving 0.5 cm for the seams.
- Sew a pair of all halves between each other, leaving 3 cm of unstitched sections on each for turning.
- Turn out all details and tamp down with a padding polyester.
- Ears do not fill too tight.
- Sew each eyelet along the dotted lines of the pattern.
- Fill the rest of the head and sew. The head is ready.
Stuff the torso of a cat, tail, arms and legs in a similar way. Sew to the body all the legs, tail and you will have a textile cat, which still has no mouth or peephole.
Now the kitty needs to add color, otherwise it will remain just white. Choose her shade. For example, it will be pink. To do this, mix the red and white paint.
How to paint a toy?
Composition for coloring dolls:
- mix the PVA glue with clean water (1: 1),
- add acrylic paint of the colors you need,
- Stir this mixture to a homogeneous mass so that it is not too thick.
Using a sponge, apply the solution to the cat. It's not easy, be careful. Make sure that the solution does not run off the foam, but was not too dry.
Cat's paws can be left white; to do this, apply only PVA glue with water on them, then add paint to glue. All other areas tint for uniformity of texture.
After painting, the textile doll should be dried in the oven. Take a towel and put a toy on it, periodically turning it in different directions, but do not close the oven. Naturally, the doll will dry for at least 24 hours.
To paint the face and body, wait until the doll dries. Mix the red paint and white, adding a little blue, and get a lilac shade. Gently select the edges of the ears and the forehead with it, and draw stripes on the paws. Use a regular sponge.
Face and chest highlight whitewash and you can draw a face that you want. For gloss, the peephole can be coated with varnish-spray.
Sew clothes for cats, for example, dress and bow, put beads on them. Show imagination to sew a cat with an original outfit!
Fur products: practical advice on choosing and further care
Dates - useful and tasty fruits
Church wedding rules, ritual, wedding ceremony, wedding calendar for 2012
What dream shepherd
Mobile cot-clamshell: an ideal option for recreation and fishing
How to download music to computer