Southwestern Quinoa Salad
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 226 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 225mg | Carbohydrates: 31g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints: 7 |
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup thawed corn kernels or cut from cooked and cooled corn on the cob
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (from one lime)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to lowest setting and cover.
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat and leave quinon cover on the burner for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Chill quinoa in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Toss cooled quinoa with the remaining salad ingredients. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Add dressing to salad and toss to combine.
Video: Mexican Quinoa Salad
The Fascinating Way Listening To Music Can Actually Lower Your Dementia Risk
How to Make a Worm Bed
Outdoor Time Calms Hyper Kids
Soda and Juice Drive Up Blood Pressure
Authorities kill man in Brussels who attempted a terror attack in a train station
How To Wear Metallic Pieces 247
Civics classes could still help students understand their community and government
Roasted Salmon, Tomatoes and Cauliflower
Diagnostic Tests for Gallbladder Disease
Calzedonia Summer 2012 Swimwear Collection
Color Series 19: Coral Turquoise
6 Ways to Feel Better With Fibromyalgia
8 Habits That Keep You Calm
Caitlyn Jenner and Her Kids Went Off-Roading for Fathers Day