Tuna Salad Collard Green Wrap
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep15 min, Cook0 min
Cut back on carbs and calories by making wraps tucked into a steamed collard greens leaf. A quick steamed collard green makes a perfect package for a light and flavorful tuna salad.
Both leafy greens like collards and tuna fish are filled with inflammation-fighting nutrients, including vitamin C and omega-3 fats. Lean protein and fiber makes this wrap incredibly satisfying, even though it's low in calories.
- 1 large collard green leaf
- 1 (5-ounce) canned tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- ¼ cup diced apple (unpeeled), or celery
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- Remove the hard, lower portion of the collard green stem and place the in a large pot of boiling water for 15 seconds.
- Remove collard leaf, pat dry, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine canned tuna, yogurt, mayonnaise, apple, and lime juice and zest; mix to combine.
- Lay collard green out on a flat surface and place some shredded carrots in the center, followed by the tuna mixture.
- Like a burrito, fold in both the left and right side of the collard over the filling.
- Starting at the end closest to you, roll up.
- Cut in half and serve.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Chunk light tuna is a good lower mercury option, or use a combination of canned albacore and chunk light. Replace tuna with canned salmon for an equally delicious and healthy seafood salad.
Apples add a wonderful crunch to this salad. Experiment with alternative additions like olives, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, or diced pear.
Video: Collard Green Wrap with Lemony White Bean Salad (or Vegan Tuna Salad)
How to Take Care of a Bombay Cat
This bar has found a way to save you from a terrible date
Summer Squash with Angel Hair
The Christmas Train Is Going to Be Hallmarks Best Holiday Movie Ever
How to Set Up a Lab (for Kids)
6 Things That Happened When I Gave Up Dessert For 2 Weeks
Angelina Lace Hiphugger Panties (12-Pack)
HM Trend Update Spring 2012
Peanut Butter Pillows
5 Ways to Help Migrant Children and Families at the Border Right Now