What causes smoking?
Even children have heard about the dangers of smoking. But what does smoking cause and what consequences for a smoker’s health does this addiction do not all reflect.
Cigarette contains more than 4000 harmful substances, including tar, narcotic substance nicotine, toxic gases.
What causes smoking: negative consequences
How smoking affects the human body:
- contributes to the blockage of arteries, the occurrence of oxygen deficiency, which leads to the occurrence of heart attacks and strokes;
- increases the chances of developing chronic diseases of the respiratory system (bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia);
- triggers the growth of cancerous tumors;
- impairs the blood supply to the choroid and retina, which can lead to partial or complete loss of vision;
- is the cause of specific vascular disease of the legs (obliterating endarteritis), which can result in amputation of the limbs;
- due to the narrowing of the vessels of the genitals, impotence develops in men and frigidity in women;
- destroys the tooth enamel and mucous membrane of the oral cavity, resulting in caries, bleeding gums, periodontal disease;
- disrupts the nervous system.
Expectant mothers should also think about the consequences of smoking for pregnant women, since the consequences are often irreversible. A child can be born prematurely, have a congenital heart disease, mental disorders.
In addition to the development of deadly diseases, smoking reduces the activity of brain cells, resulting in a weakened reaction, attention and memory. Smokers have dulled taste and smell, their sleep is disturbed, their teeth turn yellow, their skin is aging rapidly.
In addition, smokers cause great damage to the health of others, as passive smoking is no less harmful, especially for children.
How to wash a dog
Ficus care rules
Horse from traffic jams
Where to walk in Moscow
What to do to stop shoes rub
How to kill Kayran
How to ask God