What is basalioma?
Some medical terms are not understood by people who do not have the appropriate education. For example, what is basalioma, few know. Basalioma is a skin tumor formed from the cells of the basal layer of the epidermis. Despite the fact that the tumor is considered malignant, it is characterized by slow growth and the absence of metastases.
Types and symptoms of basal cell carcinoma
Appearance and characteristic symptoms of the disease depend on the clinical type of basal cell carcinoma:
- Nodular-ulcerative - protruding round seal. Gradually the knot grows and becomes covered with a “pearl belt”. Usually located on the eyelids, inner corners of the eyes, nasolabial folds.
- Prodavayuschaya - characterized by faster growth and destruction of adjacent tissues. Occurs in places of permanent injury.
- Warty - dense hemispherical nodes in the form of cauliflower. Germination in healthy surrounding tissues is not characteristic of this form of basal cell carcinoma.
- High-node - a single node with spider veins on the surface, germinates to the outside.
- Pigment - dark knot with "pearl roller" similar to melanoma;
- Scar-atrophic - a node with a scar in the center and ulcerated edges.
Causes of Basilioma
Older people are more likely to develop tumors. Predisposing factors also include:
- long stay in the sun;
- radiation exposure;
- weak immune system;
- prolonged contact with carcinogens (arsenic, benzene).
Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell carcinoma
The final diagnosis is made after a cytological and histological examination of scraping from the surface of basal cell carcinoma. Tumor treatment is prescribed individually and depends on its size, location and general clinical picture. Treatment methods for basal cell carcinoma:
- surgical and laser removal;
- radiation therapy;
- local chemotherapy.
The disease has a favorable prognosis with timely treatment (with a tumor size up to 2 cm).
What girl dreams of fish
How to transfer money from Utela
How to wash
Best pillows for pregnant women
How to cure hemorrhoids
What does the chest look like
How to influence a person