What is myasthenia?
Myasthenia is an autoimmune human disease. The main manifestation of myasthenia is fatigue. Most often, this disease affects women from 20 to 40 years.
Let's talk about the causes of this disease.
There are two mechanisms for the development of myasthenia:
- Autoimmune damage to the thymus gland, while neuromuscular transmission is disturbed.
- Biochemical changes due to changes in the function of the hypothalamus.
The starting factor can be viral or catarrhal diseases, severe stress, impaired immune functions of the body.
The main symptom of this disease is weakness and tiredness of the skeleton. Later there is a weakness of the muscles, a violation of their function. In the morning the patient feels well, but after a few hours, the symptoms of myasthenia are increasing.
There are three forms of this disease:
- Ocular. The first signs are eyelid omission and double vision.
- Bulbar. In this form, the process of chewing and swallowing is disturbed, and speech changes.
- Generalized.In this case, the patient is hard to keep his head, salivation occurs.
The main drugs for this disease are calymine and prozerin. These drugs enrich the body with potassium. When taking them, the dosage must be strictly observed, otherwise intoxication may occur. In severe myasthenia gravis, cytostatics are used, as well as hormone therapy. In addition, in cases of a crisis, artificial ventilation of the air, the introduction of immunoglobulins. Treatment is prescribed individually, depending on the form of the disease.
What is metabolism
How to find your man
How to choose a stylish summer rings
Why it is better not to sleep in front of the mirrors
What is firmware
What is fashionable to wear bright mules
What is Webasto