When are newborns starting to see?
Every newborn child, when born, already has the ability to see. However, this vision is still quite primitive, since the baby is beyond the control of most of its functions. Some time after the birth, the baby adapts and begins to master the new possibilities of his body. Let's take a closer look at when newborns begin to see.
How and what does the child see?
- From the first seconds after the birth of a child, the child can detect the presence or absence of light. Also, everything that surrounds the baby seems to him blurry. In bright light, he begins to frown strongly and rarely opens his little eyes. However, there are children who spend the first hour of their lives with their eyes wide open, trying to explore a new environment.
- Closer to 2-3 weeks of life, most children manage to look at individual objects that have attracted their attention.As a rule, they focus their gaze on objects located at a distance of about 20-30 centimeters for a couple of seconds. However, more often than not the gaze does not stop on the subject, but simply slides over it.
- At 1 month, the child sees objects at a distance of 50 centimeters. He may also briefly follow the moving toy or passing man.
- At 3-4 months, the baby can finally cover the space of the entire room in which it is located. The baby with ease studies the large objects located at a distance of 2-3 meters. Also, he is already well able to trace a moving object, but his eyes are still rather intermittent, and not smooth.
- By 6 months, the eye muscles are already getting stronger and the child easily examines all the objects of interest, regardless of their location and size. Also, the six-month-old child already distinguishes the closest people he sees regularly.
What do kids like to watch?
Now let's look at exactly which images for kids are the most interesting and why.
- The first couple of months the baby is especially interested in black and white pictures, as these are the first colors that the newborn is able to recognize.
- Toward the end of the first month of life, the baby begins to look with interest at the outlines of the mother's face. This occurs during feeding, when the distance between the faces is most favorable for the crumbs. A little later, the child will be interested in the faces of other adults, especially if you can see the clear outlines of the lips, eyes, eyebrows or nose on them. Some kids prefer the image of the pope, as the male facial features are more pronounced than the female. In addition, many men have a beard, a mustache, or simply prickly bristles, which cause indescribable delight in the crumbs.
- Children curiously examine the faces of their loved ones and try to remember them, so be patient for some time with dramatic changes in your appearance so as not to cause a negative reaction or feeling of confusion in the child.
Paper Monkey Mask
How to pinch your eyebrows
How to overcome laziness
How to send SMS to mobile from the Internet
Drops from the common cold - a means that can not do without
How to become a supplier